Tuesday 4 September 2012

Waiting for the wax to dry...

OK. This Annie Sloan paint is great. I am not so keen on the wax
 as I am not very good at it. You have to apply clear wax and wait, but not too long. 
It can't be too dry or it won't blend with the dark wax. But if you do it too early 
it just wipes off and the dark wax stains the paint and is hard to remove.
That said I am waiting for the dark wax to dry so I can apply a 
final coat of clear to seal the whole piece.
In the meantime I got to sorting the tons of spools of thread I got from my Mom.


From jumbly mess...







Neat & tidy, arranged by colour. Lovely.











These are just the wooden spools. I have to get more racks for the plastic spools.
Oh yes there are more, not I am not a hoarder.  : )









No comments:

Post a Comment