Thursday 13 September 2012

The Second Big Reveal!

OK. Here is my second piece done with the Annie Sloan chalk
paint & wax. This chest of drawers has been in my family for
as long as I can remember. It started life as an unfinished piece & 
was painted white for my nursery room. It stayed white for many years
& when I took it with me when I moved out it was eventually painted dark blue
to be put in my son's room. It stayed that colour for many years & now
it has finally come into it's own.


Before.









I painted the chest old white & used clear & dark wax.
The drawers I painted Paris Grey with both clear & dark wax.
I put new handles & castors on from Lee Valley.


After...














Haven't decided where I am putting it permanently yet, here it is in it's
temporary home in the corner of my living room.   : )









No comments:

Post a Comment