Sunday 9 September 2012

The Big Reveal!

Alright, my first piece of furniture painted with 
Annie Sloan paint & wax is finished!
I got this medicine cabinet when I was visiting a friend's cottage up 
in Muskoka at a little antique store in town. I added a little piece of trim to the top
 and put new closure hardware on the door. I painted it
with Annie Sloan's Old White Chalk paint and did a coat of clear wax,
followed by a coat of dark wax. Finally another clear coat of wax to seal it.


Before





After



New closure hardware


New trim along the top.





Close up of the finish on the side.


I was really panicking when I first applied the dark wax. it was really
coming out dark. So I mixed some clear wax and tried to buff some of it off and then 
I sanded it. It really textured the finish. I like the way it turned out.



Here it is in it's new home.







The Japanese dog bank belonged to my Dad when he was a boy.
The vintage metal powder tins & medicine bottles came from My Grandfather's Drug store.




On to the next piece, a chest of drawers...   : )









No comments:

Post a Comment