Tuesday 5 June 2012

Old Vic

The Victoria College building affectionately known as Old Vic, is the most recognizable building on the Victoria College campus at University of Toronto. This is where I went to school for 4 wonderful years. I made lasting, great friendships, played Varsity Volleyball, worked at the Vic Pub, was an Orientation Leader and oh yeah, 
did a bit of studying to get my BA.






There was an art contest last June to render the building in any medium from 
pencil to paint. I decided 4 days before the deadline to enter the contest. 
Being the true procrastinator that I am that didn't leave me a lot of time.
 I decided to use pen and water colour as my medium and set to work. Here is the result...


This is the ink part.....


This is the final result with water colour added. The finished size is approx. 11 x 14"

I finished the piece with one day to spare and had to get a stock frame and drive it downtown to meet the deadline. Some things never change! LOL! 


This is my friend Martha. 
We met the very first day of Orientation and have been close friends ever since. 

I didn't win the contest but I will enjoy this rendering of my old Alma Mater, it reminds me of all the good times I had while I was there. Cheers! : )







No comments:

Post a Comment