Sunday 15 September 2013

Lake Rosseau

I had a great time at my friend's cottage on Lake Rosseau!
The weather was perfect, I went swimming twice. The water was refreshing
but not too bad once you got in!
We did some shopping of course but we also went for a canoe ride & later,
a boat ride down the lake to see some of the amazing cottages
on the lake. One of the cottages was a beautiful stone & board/batten
cottage on your own island! It was for sale for $2 million.

The reason for my interest was because it was designed & built
by my godfather Napier Simpson, a well known restoration architect &
Historic Society member, one of my Dad's best friends. Unfortunately
he was killed in a plane crash many years ago but his work
is still recognized & is always a selling feature of any property.
I named my second son after him, as I have very fond memories of him.






















These pictures really don't do it justice. 
We couldn't get too close as there were people sitting outside.
The last shot is of the boat house. It had a large dock attached to the far side.

No comments:

Post a Comment