Tuesday 18 June 2013

The Whatnot

I inherited this shelving unit from my paternal Grandmother,
who in turn inherited it from her mother-in-law, my great Grandmother.
As far back as I can remember it has been called the whatnot,
& has held the family treasures. ( AKA stuff you have to dust,
that serves no real purpose other than strictly display)


















It didn't used to be quite this crowded but, I have been cleaning out some boxes
in my basement & discovered quite a few treasures in them.
So I put them all out to look at them for a while & then sell the ones
I don't want to keep. That being said it is really emotionally
hard to part with some of them even though they are not my taste,
because they belonged to beloved members of my family.

Many of the pieces I remember as always being on the whatnot
at my paternal Grandma's house. Some are from my maternal Granny,
while others are from great aunts on both sides. Some are valuable, while others
just have sentimental value. So for now I will look at them & enjoy them for
what they are.  : )

No comments:

Post a Comment