Tuesday 10 June 2014

Hawaii Swag

Went to Hawaii for 2 weeks with Doug's family
for his parents 50th Wedding Anniversary.
What an awesome trip!!!
We did a one week cruise with his parents & his brother & wife.
We saw Oahu, Maui, Hawaii & Kauai.
Each island has it's own unique attractions.
We did 4 different excursions from the ship & each one was fun
& interesting with AWESOME guides!

Everything I bought there was made in Hawaii, either by
local artists or manufacturers with the exception of a few little tourist items.
I bet you can guess where they were made.



The turquoise mug was hand made & painted in Hawaii.
The Tiki was carved by a woman selling them on the
street in La Haina, Maui. The Raku jar with the turtle on top 
was hand made by a local Maui artist.





This turtle was hand carved just for me by a local carver
in La Haina, Maui. He had just roughed out the shape & he finished it
for me & then signed it. It is one of my favourite pieces!



The tea towels are printed with island motifs & locally made.



The box was hand made in Fiji.



Bought lots of Kona coffee!







This little turtle is sterling silver & opal.



This turtle was hand carved from cow bone by local artists in Oahu.
I will be posting pictures from the trip when I edit them. There are a lot!  : )

No comments:

Post a Comment