Thursday 11 July 2013

Shell & Rock Collection.

What do you do with a large rock & shell collection?
I have two sons & over the years they have amassed quite 
a collection of stones, rocks & shells between them.
My parents also contributed to these collections bringing back
interesting things from their holiday trips.

I was going through some boxes in the basement & came across one full of these things.
 I didn't want to just throw these away, lots of them are quite pretty & all are interesting.
So, I came up with a plan to display these items & to keep the dusting to a
minimum. Thanks to Home Sense I bought this Lantern meant to hold candles,
& filled it up with layers of rocks & shells.

And voila! A unique way to display a large collection,
& keep maintenance to a minimum.








There is coral, shells, sea glass, a sand dollar, sea urchins, 
stones, & even a real sea horse & a star fish.



I got this hand carved wooden dog, originally from
Pottery Barn, on Ebay.  : )









No comments:

Post a Comment