Friday 17 May 2013

Trilliums!

I was walking the dog in the little forest across the street
when I saw some Trilliums in the leaves.
When we first moved here there were lots of Trilliums in this forest,
but over the years they have been disappearing & I haven't seen any for a few years now.
This being our Provincial flower & symbol for the Province, you are not
allowed to pick these, as they are protected flowers.
However, tell that to the many little kids around here who go wild flower picking.

Anyway I was quite excited to see a few (3) have come back!
So I ran home & got my camera before anyone came by & decided to pick them!











I hope they make a real comeback because they are really 
a lovely flower & so striking when you see them in the wild.  : )





No comments:

Post a Comment