Sunday 27 May 2012

Treasures & Transformation



I bought this wicker chair at an antique market and paid $40 for it. I then recovered the seat and pillow and now it looks like I paid more!



I love this easel, it has a drawer to put your paints etc. and it folds up and has a strap so you can take outside with you to paint anywhere. Here in Canada it was $250, I paid $60 and it was identical and new in the box. Crazy or what???



This is a Noah's Arc sampler. It is all hand carved and hand painted, signed by a local couple near Liditz. I love it!



This little shelf I bought at another antique market. It came complete with all the little animals. Some of them had broken legs so my gracious host John who is an expert carver fixed them all for me and you would never know! I think it used to be a little spice cupboard with drawers but it has since lost them and is perfect to house the little menagerie of primitive animals.



This multi-drawer unit was love at first sight. I bought it at a little store that has lots of cool crafts and recycled art and antiques, it's called Junk to Jazz. Very cool!

Well these are some of the treasures I scored on my trip to Pennsylvania....awesome trip and wonderful friends. : )




No comments:

Post a Comment